Now setting up your Outlook with Gmail account is easier and can be done in a couple of minutes by following some simple steps. People get confused and waste a lot of time in managing their emails and configuring their email account with Outlook is always been a difficult task. It helps you to handle your emails that are required in the third party software program like Outlook and thus you can easily manage your mails and save a lot of time.
Most of the people today use the Microsoft Outlook 2007 mainly to send and receiving emails from Microsoft Exchange. Apart from this, there is also an option to configure your Outlook to access your Google Gmail account as well your other email accounts such as Yahoo or Hotmail, all of them from your Outlook client. The following guide will take your through the required steps of configuring of both of your Gmail and Outlook client which will eventually lead to viewing of Gmail emails in Outlook.
The first thing that is required is to essentially have a Gmail account, if you do not have a Gmail account please proceed to the Google web page and then click on the link which states Gmail at the top of the page. Now you have to create a new account on this page by entering your details. If you have never signed up for kind of Google services, then there is an option to create a new email account. Complete the necessary formalities by entering the required details such as name, contact number, etc. You can easily setup your Outlook to handle your current Gmail account as a POP3 or as an IMAP.
ONCE YOU HAVE EITHER LOGGED IN TO THE ACCOUNT OR HAVE CREATED A NEW ACCOUNT AND YOU HAVE THE GMAIL PAGE IN ON YOUR SCREEN, PERFORM THE FOLLOWING STEPS –
1. Click the Settings button in the upper right corner of the page.
2. Click on Forwarding and POP/IMAP option on page.
3. Now in the IMAP section, click on Enable radio button corresponding to IMAP option, and then Click on Save Changes Button.
NOW YOUR GMAIL ACCOUNT IS CONFIGURED, YOU NEED TO CONFIGURE OUTLOOK –
1. Firstly open Outlook and click on Tools in the menu bar.
2. Click Account settings and select the Email tab in the Account Settings dialog box and then click on “New”.
3. Now POP3, IMAP, or HTTP should be already checked, if not, click and check it then click Next.
4. Next is the Auto Account Setup and the only thing that needs to be done here is to check the “Additional server types or Manually configure server settings” checkbox that is located in the bottom left hand corner. Once checked, click the Next button.
5. Select the Internet E-mail radio button must already be checked by default, if it is not so click and check it and click on Next.
6. Provide your name and Gmail email address in the boxes.
7. Under Server Info, click on dropdown and select IMAP.
8. Now for Incoming email server: type gmail.com in textbox to right.
9. Also, for the Outgoing email server (SMTP): type in smtp.gmail.com in the textbox.
10. Now for Logon Information provide your Google Gmail id in User Name text box.
Type your Gmail password in the Password textbox, and then click on the “More Settings”.
11. Select Outgoing Server tab and select “My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication checkbox.
12. Now select advanced tab and type in 993 in the IMAP box and then, choose SSL from dropdown list.
13. Now type in 587 in SMTP box and after that, choose TLS from dropdown list.
14. Lastly Click on OK button then click on Next button then on Finish Button.
15. Now restart outlook and test.